What Personal Information About Customers Does Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us. We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services.
- Automatic Information. We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services and other content served by or on behalf of Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre on other websites. Click here to see examples of what we collect.
- Information from Other Sources. We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily. Click here to see additional examples of the information we receive.
For What Purposes Does Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, recognize you as a client, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your preferences. You may set your preferences through “Your Account” section of the website.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre sites and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Does Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below.
- Transactions involving Third Parties. We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre and Others. We disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosing is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, client account information and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
Many of our Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages of this website. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust your customer communication preferences in the “Your Account” section of the website.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the Canadian law. If you have any concern about privacy at Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services;
- provide information in “Your Account” section of the website;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with a Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre service;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your “Shipping Addresses” and “Contacts” sections of the website;
- content of reviews and emails to us;
- information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver’s licence numbers;
- corporate and financial information;
- credit history information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, email address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- images or videos when you shop in our stores, or stores using Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Groupe Lam-É St-Pierre Services include:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information);
- email notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations;
- your content, services, and related settings, and communications preferences.